Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Eve!

Chris and I decided to get the kids a special surprise this Christmas......
A PUPPY!!
I'm sure our families think we're crazy, and maybe we are. But we thought this was a good time to add a pet to the family. The kids are young, but not so young that they need my attention 24/7. Having a puppy is just like having a new baby.At least I don't have to change more diapers, but house training her is a full time job. :)


She's a Boston Terrier. Her mom and dad were both 15 lbs. so she shouldn't get much bigger than that.
We named her Lily.


Allie loves her, but mothers her to death! :( Poor Lily!


Doesn't she have the sweetest face!
Adam loves Lily too. Not sure how much Lily is liking all the attention she gets from the kids.
We are crate training Lily. The first night was kinda hard, she woke up every hour whining. By four a.m. I decided I would just sleep the rest of the night on the floor with her. The next night was much easier.... so far, so good! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily is so cute wish she would stay that size. Every one enjoyed her at Perry Co. party, also the rest. I enjoyed seeing every one. Was A great day, wish we could do it more often.I go for surgery tomorrow at 9:00am. Carpal Tunnel right hand. Vicki is coming down to spend the night.
G-dad

Christina said...

She's so cute! Congrats on your new "baby" :)!

Vicki & Bruce said...

Love how Lily is right with Chris while he puts the house together! SHe does have an adorable face! She goes with the rest of your family!